3. Glider Side Lunge:
This exercise works a variety of different muscles in the leg and glutes. You will need to do this exercise on a wooden floor with a towel or socks or using a plastic lid if you are on a carpeted surface.
How to Do:
- Stand with your feet slightly apart and one foot on the lid or towel.
- Hold your hands in a fist in front of your body to help with balance.
- Squat slowly down on the leg that is not on the towel or lid, whilst sliding the other foot to the side.
- Straighten the other leg as you slide the other foot back to the starting position.
- Repeat ten times on each leg.
4. Side-Lying Double Leg Lifts:
This is a variation on leg lifts with a twist to add extra focus on those inner-thighs. Basically you are using one leg to lift the weight of your other leg. Working the inner-thighs of both in the process.
How to Do:
- Using a mat find a comfortable spot to lay down on your side.
- Extend your arm nearest to the floor out straight, as if you were reaching for something.
- Hold your legs together and slowly raise them both as far as you can comfortably do so.
- Keep your toes pointed forwards, and control the movements slowly.
- The form you want to keep is your upper body flat to the floor, and pivoting at the hips only.
- Hold the position for 1-2 seconds when your legs are elevated, then slowly return them to the floor. 1-2 sets of 15 reps per side is ideal.
5. Side Squat with Band:
Resistance bands are inexpensive and can be used for a total body workout. They also offer you the option of using different levels of resistance depending on your fitness level. This exercise works on your inner and outer thighs, hips and bottom. You can do this exercise without the resistance band, but the band will further increase the efficacy of this exercise.
How to Do:
- Stand while your feet are shoulder-width apart and tie a band around your lower legs.
- Lift your left leg and step out to the left while pressing out against the resistance of the band.
- When your left foot touches the floor, bend your knees into a deep squat.
- Then stand up again and bring your feet back to shoulder-width apart.
- Repeat – Either alternate legs or take 10 steps to the left and then 10 steps to the right.